You can help by writing your congressman and request that they
immediately direct the US Army Corps of Engineers to pump the
sediment taken in normal yearly maintenance dredging for shipping in the
lower Mississippi River and pump it into the subsiding wetlands on either
side of the river.  You can send a copy to the President, the Corps of
Engineers and the Governor of Louisiana.